Wednesday 6 February 2013

Students at Klerksdorp Fire Department



What a nice day, having a ride with Mr. Landon to Klerksdorp fire department office it was cool and exciting. It felt like it could be a daily thing. I was more than happy to be at the fire department office because we learnt so many things that we need to know as emergency management students and we were also motivated a lot by the words that we heard from fire department workers.

They were so excited to see us and we were welcomed with warm hands by everyone there. We were shown around the building and I was so excited to see the fire Emergency Operation Center (EOC). I was like oh my… what a nice thing and we were taught about the tools that they use for responding to fire emergencies. They even showed us some of the incidents that they have responded to. The fire chief told us some inspiring words: that he feels so ashamed that they are in our country but someone had to come out of the country to give us this life time opportunity so now all they have to do is to just be grateful to what the every child is ours foundation is doing for us and he will personally make sure that this college becomes popular as it is a very big thing that has to be known by almost everyone. He also said he will like to see us more successful in future and also see this college expanding to other communities.

Klerksdorp fire department EOC

When we came back it was so amazing and fun because it was so rainy and we had to sit at the back of the van and it was awful because there was a lot of a rain in Kanana. Some people were laughing at us, they were like what in the world are they doing? are this girls sick or what? But believe you me it was so fun.

Streets of Kanana after a rain storm
Streets of Kanana after a normal rain storm
  

3 comments:

  1. I wish I was with you guys I've missed a lot,sad.Anywhere, I know that you'll share the information with us.NOW we are going places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish that I was there so that I could have got the information and experiance that other students have got and I also feel that things like this could happen almost every day as they will be the pillars of our strengths and motivate us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a very wonderful day i wish we were there all of us, only four of the student were there. but lets hope maybe next time there will be another trip.

    ReplyDelete